Tamron 70-200 2.8 G2 vs Nikon 70-200 F4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Matt_24 Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: Tamron 70-200 2.8 G2 vs Nikon 70-200 F4, F4 TEST

briantilley wrote:

Matt_24 wrote:

Well, I just replied to myself a minute ago. Go to the reply labeled "Another opinion" It appears some other people have noticed the problem, if that detail helps you. I'm going to search for people complaining about that issue, the quantity of results I find should give me a good clue.

If you're only going to look for people that agree with you, that's what you'll find. Most people here try to keep an open mind...

Well I went and looked and was really only able to find anything about field curvature with the 70-200 f4. The G2 didn't have any results, I didn't find anything for the E either other than a lot of mentions of the HRI element (has something to do with correcting field curvature and something else at the same time).

So no I wasn't only looking for people talking about the F4 I was simply looking for people complaining about the issue on all 3 lenses and the F4 was the only one that got numerous results. Most were mention of very minor field curvature, but this wasn't mentioned for the E or G2 that I could find. Given how you guys feel about my lenses performance I'm assuming what I have is minor.

Matt_24's gear list:Matt_24's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow