Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
saltydogstudios
saltydogstudios Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Re: Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Wigelii wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Wigelii wrote:

rb61 wrote:

Is there one camera manufacturer that stands out as a leader when it comes to intuitive menus?

Please ignore, if possible, stratospheric priced cameras.

Thanks

Olympus

Prime example of how subjective a subject this is. This guy has the complete opposite opinion.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64113262

I have never understood why people complain about the Olympus menus. I think they are very logical and over the years became even more user friendly.

It's not the "menus" per-se. It's the E-P5 (which I mistakenly called the E-PL5 before).

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-ep5/olympus-ep5A.HTM

See that that switch that goes from "1" to "2" - every button and dial does something different based on that.

This is supposed to be a "flagship" camera but that switch makes me not want to use it.

To be fair - I bought this camera as a kit for the lens (the 17mm f/1/8) so it was basically free.

As for the menus themselves - personally I think if I have to "go into the menus" to do most basic things, user interface is probably not that good, so I barely even remember what the menus on any camera I own look like except for the handful of things I need to do on them.

At some point you own too many cameras to bother memorizing the menus of each one you own. How to change ISO or White Balance on the other hand - it should be easy to do and that switch makes it hard for me to remember what's where.

-- hide signature --
 saltydogstudios's gear list:saltydogstudios's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp3 Quattro Nikon D7000 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow