Some Z24-200 F4-6.3 Shots

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NCV
NCV Forum Pro • Posts: 10,835
Some Z24-200 F4-6.3 Shots

I managed to pick up one of the first copies of this lens, when it arrived here in Italy. Today I stole a couple of hours to test it out with my Z7 out of town and then in the centre of Reggio Emilia.

I am very happy so far with this lens after a bad start. My Z7 still had V1 Firmare. The files loaded uncorrected into DXO my Raw software. also the VR was greyed out. V3 Firmware solved all the problems. The files look good in DXO even without their lens profile.

First impression are of a very versatile lens for travel and just casual out for a walk stuff. It seems very sharp, with good contrast, although I have not done any pixel peeping. It is quite liberating just to have one lens that deals with wide to long all in on lens.

I think I made the right decision to get the Z7+24-200 as a one lens hiking solution.

Recommended.

Here are some pictures that have been processed, with small adjustments to contrast, saturation and such. They are mostly uncropped.

Lenin in Cavriago. (We do not do statue wrecking here in Italy )

In Capture I

Wide

Long from the same place

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon Z7
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow