Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Doxa750 Regular Member • Posts: 440
Re: Upgrade Camera Body

Donald B wrote:

Doxa750 wrote:

mchnz wrote:

Donald B wrote:

Doxa750 wrote:

You will love your new EM1 II for bird photography way more than EM5 II.

Two months ago, I decided to get EM1 III because I started to work more from home. When I tried to capture my backyard birds in the bushes or when one hanged on the wire, the bird usually flown away by the time I nailed the focus. Having been using EM1 III for a few months now, I can tell you that it is a night and day on both S-AF and C-AF.

EM1 III in theory should have better AF accuracy and speed. From what I have seen photos from this MFT forum,

Thats total garbage. it cant have faster AF because the limits of the electronics are at the limits now with the em12.

Given the E-M1 III "electronics" are built around TruePic IX, I think you're mistaken (the mark II was TruePic VIII).

My limited experience thus far seems to support that various aspects of the AF have improved. Plus several people who have had the camera a while also state that the AF has improved.

Plus, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more polite.

EM1 II is more than adequate for the job.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Cheers

I wouldn't expect anything less from Don's response

Cheers

this is not polite. the guy just bought a new em12 .

EM1 III in theory should have better AF accuracy and speed. From what I have seen photos from this MFT forum, EM1 II is more than adequate for the job."

more than adaquate

Go back and read my original post, you broke the sentence up and made your own conclusion.

Here below I copy and paste for you to read it once more.

"EM1 III in theory should have better AF accuracy and speed. From what I have seen photos from this MFT forum, EM1 II is more than adequate for the job."

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow