Swap t7i for used 80d?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Ad12 Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: Swap t7i for used 80d?

jvc1 wrote:

If you'll only be using it of wildlife, the 7DII will be much better than the 80d. Also, the 80D isn't really weather sealed. It might be more so than the T7i but nothing like the 7DII.

I’m also trying to figure out whether I’m sick of DSLRs or just my rebel now I’ve experienced how awesome evf’s are. But I think it’s just the small dark dim nature of mine. Even the xt30 at that size appears to me anyway to have a closer more magnified image!

But yes, I’ll use my Fujifilm for people, hiking, travel, architecture etc. Just keep a DSLR for wildlife and BiF work, since A I cannot afford the Fuji 100-400 and a big body, and B, I’ve read that decent DSLR are still superior, excluding say the a9 which is $$$.

the 20mp would limit cropping though a bit. I’ll do some research!   Is the 7d Ii viewfinder nice a big?

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow