Canon's release of 600/800mm f11 lenses PROVES you don't need Cannons!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mrphotography Regular Member • Posts: 128
Re: I don't get thes f/11 lenses

Simon97 wrote:

If I were a Canon FF or even APSC user (I was an APSC user once), I would never consider such a slow long lens. For wildlife, shooting under the sun doesn't result in the most flattering images, I like shooting in overcast days to avoid the contrasty shadows. For sports, the shutter speed would be too slow. This would make these lenses pointless to me. Why they didn't go with f/8 is beyond me. Still slow, but with the DO optics, they still can be reasonably small.

This is just one lens probably designed to keep the weight to an absolute minimum. I think this is designed for bird/wildlife photographers who hike around and need a lot of reach. The new Canon cameras can handle f/11 easily so no worries there.

Combine an R6 with this and you'll have camera and lens with 800mm of reach for probably less than $3k. Hard to beat that.

mrphotography's gear list:mrphotography's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Canon EOS RP Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow