Tamron FE 28-200mm

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
arneh Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Tamron FE 28-200mm

ShenYL wrote:

arneh wrote:

ShenYL wrote:

You see, Sigma had already got all the recent released lenses in Canon/Nikon mount before the recent launches, why would they create new ones for Canon and Nikon again.

So where are the Sigma 35 F1.2 A or 45 F2.8 C for Cannon/Nikon?

Sigma has 35mm F1.4 A for Canon/Nikon years ago. As I said the flange distance has been shorten in MILC, and these in turn affects the f stop. That is why Sigma 35mm for Sony is 35mm F1.2 A.

The 45mm F2.8 is the only lens for FE. But 45mm and 50mm is not much of a different, and 50mm used to be the standard FL - you will find Sigma 50mm F1.4 Art for Canon/Nikon.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were arguing that Sigma's lenses for Sony were just direct ports of DSLR lenses. But I see now that you argue that they have at some point made a lens with sort of similar focal length or aperture for DSLR.

I guess we have different definitions for what "creating a new lens" means. If you only want to see focal lengths and aperture combinations far from anything ever seen before, then I'm afraid you will have a lot of disappointments.

arneh's gear list:arneh's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R III Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow