* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 04 #449 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 2,459
Re: North Cascades & Other Ramblings

Another try, Andrew. A little cooler and a little red tint. I never noticed the suffers until I posted it today. Had it all these years and didn't know it. They showed up in the processed image. If I took the photo with a 20mm camera they would have turned out better. Not enough resolution in the camera I used to zoom in on them and see any detail.

See them in two locations? By the beach below where I stood. And further away to the west by the rocks. Only dots in the surf up there. I"ve always liked this photo. The surfers make it a lot more interesting. Have to shoot this again with a higher resolution camera if I ever get back there. Along the cliffs west of the Golden Gate Bridge. Marin Headlands upper right.

A great place to live in the mid-1990s when I lived in the city. Mild weather, very walkable. I rarely used a car. Great food, great scenery.

I rented a studio for $800/month for a few years near Embarcadero by the Oakland Bay Bridge. Walked to an office in the Financial District. Enjoyed the city very much but didn't like sleeping there. To noisy. Sounds of the city and lights all night. It sleeps but not much. I miss it sometimes. You could grab a camera and go somewhere different every day, find interesting things to photograph for months, a year woudn't cover all of it if you include the Bay Area. It's a photographic paradise.

So different now. $3,500 average for a one-bedroom, down a great deal with people moving out after their employers discovered they can work at home and save the company money. Already happening, some of it for good. Still the most expensive residential rents in America.

I still need to get the green out of this image.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
AVG
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow