WARNING: DxO Nik3 is blocking Nik2!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
landscaper1
OP landscaper1 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,683
Clarification Re: DxO Nik3 is blocking Nik2!

From some of the comments I've received I realize more details are needed.

First, I downloaded the Nik 3 trial.  I decided not to purchase it and simply allowed the trial to expire, which it did yesterday.  Today I tried to use the Nik 2 apps I purchased more than a year ago.  Instead of opening the app, I got a message box asking for my activation code.  I still have it (I save stuff like that) and I entered it.  It indicated the code was incorrect (I know it wasn't).

Following one suggestion I went to the Win10 settings (Apps), but there was no sign of Nik 3 in the app list.  I then went to the Control Panel, but found nothing there, either.  I entered Nik 3 in the Search box at the bottom of the screen, but all I got were directions to articles about Nik 3 on the web.

I contacted DxO and was given a link to download Nik 2 again.  I did so, but when I tried to use it, the text on the screen was almost microscopic; I could barely read it even when holding a magnifying glass to the screen.  I emailed DxO to report that, but they haven't responded.

It's one thing to feel ripped off when you pay for something and it doesn't measure up, but it's a lot worse when a manufacturer offers a trial version that, without prior warning, effectively erases the earlier version you had already purchased.

-- hide signature --

Landscaper
P.S. I give permission to anyone wishing to download any of my images solely for the purpose of reposting in the same thread with C&C.
-----
"Open up your eyes and look around you.
There's a lotta world you've never seen." Pan American Airlines radio commercial

landscaper1's gear list:landscaper1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow