Am I using my X-PRO3 'wrong'?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RecklessCoding Regular Member • Posts: 362
Am I using my X-PRO3 'wrong'?

I got my X-PRO3 with the 23mm f/2.0 and 35mm f/1.4 after following discussions with various members of this forum.

Unfortunately, due to a spike in my work load, I haven't been able to go 'downtown' (if you can call that the center of a city with barely 150,000 habitats) to test the camera to its 'natural habitat', the streets. Still, this did not stop me from going on short walk at park next to my house. I tried to timed the walk at around 11pm; we get a 'mini sunset' and little human activity then.

Even if the camera is meant for street photography and lacks IBIS, it performed exceptionally well as a portable handheld 'landscape' camera.

All photos below are out of camera with minor (if any) adjustments in Capture One 20.

Camera pointing towards the sun making this a high-contrast scene. Yet, the X-PRO3's built-in HDR function performed remarkably. Classic Neg. film simulation used with clarity +1, chrome blue weak, chrome colour weak, highlights +2, and shadows +1. Minor exposure adjustments in Capture One.

Pro High. Neg. with local adjustments to the sky in Capture One (reduced the highlights a bit)

Astia Soft. The built-in screen works great for low angle shots!

RecklessCoding's gear list:RecklessCoding's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow