Olympus situation - my opinion

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 14,623
Re: Great Images

Because of social distancing I have mostly doing wildlife photography so my E-M1X is getting more use than the new in late February E-M1.3.  I did get one job where I used the E-M1.3.  I was wanting to test the new Face Detection and this fob was a good place to test it.  I was taking photos of people going a the Bat Chader ride and the Plunge ride at Indiana Caverns.  With the Bat Chaser I was getting portraits of the rider traveling toward me at 20 to 25 mph.  The Plunge was a free fall and I taking photos of the jumper in free fall.  I gave up on the new Face Detection and went with C-AF.  It worked fine and the client was happy.

Anyhow, with both an E-M1X and E-M1.3  and their long life shutter life and the durability I should be set for several years.  Image quality is already good enough for my use and the technology is not really advancing much.  I will continue buying Olympus lenses if it is something I will use.

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +40 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow