Need for a7RIII after a7RIV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cybersimba
cybersimba Senior Member • Posts: 1,597
Need for a7RIII after a7RIV

I have been happy with a7RIII + 16-35 gm as that is the combo I use for landscapes and serves me very well !! Very recently I acquired a7RIV for wildlife. I am new to a7RIV's massive sensor and still trying to adjust to this massive sensor size in terms of noise to deal with when cropped 100% which is really the objective especially for wildlife.

Knowing that I use a7RIII for landscapes and that is almost always at ISO 50 or perhaps at times 100, 200 or even 400 or something like that.. with a7RIV around... I am thinking that I can use a7RIV as well for same purpose and won't need two cameras unless I have specific use for a7RIII as a dedicated camera for something else.

Any of you who have had one or both, any suggestions, thoughts about why I would need both of these OR perhaps I don't and I should just sell my a7RIII at this point?

thanks,

-- hide signature --

-Cybersimba
-------------------------------------------------------------
Its all about light
https://www.instagram.com/sachinsawephotography/

cybersimba's gear list:cybersimba's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow