Eizo Displays

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Re: Eizo Displays

davidedric wrote:

You can certainly use a second monitor with both Lightroom and Photoshop, with I think, a fair amount of control over what goes where. Can't tell you how, though, as I've never done it!

Hi David

I've just been searching the Lightroomqueen forum and have come across this reply (by Conrad Chavez) to someone's question in February 2016 (so may be out of date):

They might have been using Photoshop, where it’s common to put all the panels on a secondary display to free up the primary display to display only the image. In Lightroom, all of the tool panels (folder tree, color controls, metadata entry, print settings, etc.) are permanently attached to the primary editing window. You can't detach the tool panels.

It is possible to move the main Lightroom window and its panels to the second monitor, and then use Lightroom's Secondary Display feature to fill the main display with just the Loupe view, but there are some issues with doing it that way. I settle for keeping the main window and its panels on the primary display, and (usually) Grid view on the secondary display.

Hopefully someone on here can clarify whether this is still the case.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow