In search of a compact point and shoot with flash! (digital)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Forum Pro • Posts: 12,502
Re: In search of a compact point and shoot with flash! (digital)

FredoFredo wrote:

Dear community,

i am searching for a small digital camera that features an inbuild flash. A digital olympus miu would be ideal

the camera should have the following features:

-fast bootup-time

-raw images

-quick AF for point and shoot

-compact design

-focal length 30-50mm

It doesnt have to be the most sophisticated camera, ideally it costs 300-350€ used. The sensor shouldnt be smaller than a fourthirds one, probably APS-C would be ideal. The Fuji X100 series is great, but a little bit big. The Sony 5xxx or 6xxxx series could be an option, because i own many sony (and CanonEF) lenses. But even the smallest 35mm 2,8 isnt really compact and i am afraid of slow startup times.

thanks in advance!

I love my (discontinued) Panasonic LF1, but I found that my iPhone 7 made sharper, more detailed images in good light and was no worse in very dim light, so I upgraded to an iPhone XS for the second focal length (26mm and 52mm EFL). It doesn't have the 200mm reach of the LF1, but it's always in my pocket and thus far handier. I use Lightroom Mobile or Camera M apps to shoot RAW (DNG) with it.

For low light, I've got my Panasonic LX100, which has a hotshoe on which I can mount my Flashpoint Zoom Mini flash when needed. Not quite pocketable, but miles better in low light than a small-sensor compact with a built-in flash that can't be bounced.

-- hide signature --

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
http://jacquescornell.photography
http://happening.photos

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow