Olympus situation - my opinion

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
DeathArrow Senior Member • Posts: 2,565
Re: Great post!

glassoholic wrote:

Okapi001 wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Absolutely great photos and great reply! Just a quick niggle, though: 10s handheld would mean 10 stops of stabilization for 50mm FF equivalent (as well as the subject remaining still for 10s).

What exactly is the niggle here? Rated 6 or 7 stops of stabilisation doesn't mean you cannot achieve even nore, if you have a stedy hand. Rated figures are just some standardized averages.

Also, 10 sec is 7 stops of stabilisation, if the base value is 1/15 sec, perfectly doable with an wide angle lens.

10 secs with the Dual IS 12-100 @ 12mm is readily achievable... 15 secs if you are more steady than me. For me, 4 secs with this combo is close to 100% critically sharp. I'm happy with that... 7 stops from a base of 1/30 (12mm/ 24mm equiv./ 1/30).

However a tripod is the best stabilization device and yields best results. I know, it's large and heavy. Like many other pro photography tools.

DeathArrow's gear list:DeathArrow's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow