Back to Fuji - First photos X-T4 and 16-55

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
Michael Berg
Michael Berg Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Re: Fuji jpegs are lovely

The 16-55 is big, but having a FF Pentax rig, its about the same as the K-1 and the DFA 50 I have.

That's what I read too: If you come from a FF setup with a 2.8 70-200 for example, the 16-55 will be nothing special.

For some people who specifically go after a mirrorless solution because of the reduced size and weight of that platform the 16-55 may be too much.

Thanks for the feedback. I have used Lightroom forever, even with first gen X-trans, so I will just stick with it. I shoot RAW+ taking advantage of the dual card slots, so I can have

Yeah, also there's the whole DAM aspect of it so I totally get why people stick with Lightroom.

I thought I would mention XRaw specifically because it isn't a raw converter by itself, just a kind of remote way of using the camera's built in raw converter. It's unusual and not something I've seen in other brands and just something I think all fuji owners should be aware of

it both ways, although reading about the TIF option intrigues me. I still have to decide the AF and drive mode settings I want. As the review here states the face AF is iffy. But otherwise it is solid.

Yes the T4 can output in Tiff-8 as well as Tiff-16. The files will be huge, though, so only do that if you want to start with a "raw-converted" image and finalize the editing work on your computer. It just avoids having to re-save jpegs which isn't usually a good idea.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow