Eizo Displays

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Eizo Displays

I have an Eizo FlexScan SX2762W that's around seven or eight years old and has been good but I'm thinking of changing it. Apart from anything else it seems to throw out a lot of heat, so presumably uses quite a bit of power (it says with screen on 164 watts).

I use it with a Windows 10 PC and it's used probably 70% for non photography/creative work and 30% photograph processing. I don't do video and don't anticipate getting into it either.

I don't earn my income from photography and due to Coronavirus measures I'm doing a lot more work from home on this screen and PC. This work pattern is likely to continue.

I have recently added a Benq  BL2420PT second monitor. This is a non photography specific monitor. I haven't worked out how to put PS controls on the Benq and image on the Eizo and don't even know if this is possible with LR CC Classic, it's not critical for me.

Finally I'm not very technical, though I hdo calibrate the Eizo monitor using an i1Display but the Benq isn't calibrated, I'm not even sure what driver it is using! The Eizo calibration must be pretty close as what I print on an Epson 3880  from LR CC Classic is very close to what I expected from the screen (though LR print preview is useless and I've never got this sorted, it must default to a Windows display management or something).

Looking at Eizo ColorEdge monitors there are CS and CG models, the CG being more expensive and having inbuilt calibration, which sounds really useful, but seems to add £400 to the cost. From a cost perspective I'd probably go with a CS2731 (£939) or possibly stretch to a CG2730 (£1359). They are both relatively expensive options.

Does anyone have any recomendations please, or other matters I should consider? Doesn't have to be Eizo, though I've been satisfied with Eizo with my current screen and the one before that, so feel some brand loyalty.

Thanks for any advice.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow