Back to Fuji - First photos X-T4 and 16-55

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
OP Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Re: Back to Fuji - First photos X-T4 and 16-55

Makingtrax wrote:

Mike Arledge wrote:

I was an original early adopter of the X100 when it came out, and have owned the X-Pro1 and the original primes back when. I had to regrettably sell those back when my daughter arrived in 2014. Since then through changes I ended up being in Pentax land (still own a K-1 and KP) and the past 2.5 years I had gotten into M43 (Oly and Panny bodies and pro lenses). However, I was never really satisfied with the resolution of the M43 sensor - even though the bodies and lenses are really impressive. So, with the Olympus sale I decided to cash in on my M43 gear and move back to Fuji. I grabbed the Silver X-T4 and the 16-55 in shop and have the Zeiss Touitt 32 1.8 on order. So far I have mostly just updated the firmware and snapped around the house while setting it up. But here is the obligatory "first shots" with the color profile I wanted and once I had my head wrapped around the dial placements. The body and lens are both amazing, but its the Fuji Colors that just made me sure this was the right move. No other manufacturer comes close to having a jpg setting that can capture my dog as I see her - that liver and white combo just gave M43 fits no matter what so I was always shooting in Raw to correct. I can totally live with Fuji jpgs when just snapping, and the RAWs are easier to handle in Lightroom than I remember. I look forward to posting more in this forum again

Be careful with the silver camera. I had the X100F in silver and put it in my pocket, not realising there was a key in there. When I took it out it had 3 scratches on the top which always annoyed me The coating seemed very soft. When I got the XT3 I bought black, which so far after quite a bit of use is immaculate still.

Good to know, we shall see I guess, will just have to be careful.

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T4 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow