Disillusion me of Medium Format

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lens_Goat
Lens_Goat Contributing Member • Posts: 724
Disillusion me of Medium Format

A bad thing has come over me lately. I have found myself fantasizing over the GFX 50R. Part of what has spurred this on is the impending release of the 30 f/3.5. Insofar as primes go, 24mm equiv is probably my favorite focal length. Furthermore, Jonas Rask's recent review has illuminated the added mileage one would get from a single prime on such high resolution Medium Format sensors. One could crop for days. You see, I've always been a prime guy at heart but zooms make so much more sense for landscape. It seems with these GFX primes I'd get the IQ of the former with some of the versatility of the latter.

Now, I have a very nice system and I shouldn't be having these adulterous longings. I have an XT-3 with the 16-55 and 90. Plus, one cheap Pergear lens.

Anyone with both Fujifilm X and GFX gear want to take a picture of a subject and let me see if I can figure out which is which? I'm hoping for the rare chance I'll be disillusioned of this notion I can readily see the difference. Although I'm sure the more likely outcome is that I'll have a GFX 50R in my B&H cart upon completion of the exercise.

Lens_Goat's gear list:Lens_Goat's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR XF 90mm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
rbf
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow