Olympus situation - my opinion

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
DeathArrow Senior Member • Posts: 2,565
Re: Olympus situation - my opinion

Mentt wrote:

I think that only thing that can save Micro four thirds is to improve AF to Sony level as much as possible. Mainly eye AF. Had Oly 5iii for 2 weeks demo and I was surprised how bad the AF was. Even Panasonic gx9 had better performance. Either way in general micro four thirds cameras are known for not that good af performance and you need be skilled photographer to get acceptable hit rate. And for sure current AF state is not good selling point for casual users or new users coming from mobile phones. If AF would improve to Sony like ease to get subjects in focus many users would be interested due to small size of micro four thirds cameras

If AF is bad for cameras with PDAF, I wonder how bad is for cameras which just have CDAF, which is most Olympus cameras.

I tested E-M1II, which I borrowed from our local Olympus dealership and CAF and tracking is a joke compared to more refined cameras.

DeathArrow's gear list:DeathArrow's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow