* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 04 #449 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 2,458
Re: Breakfast in Melbourne

Andrew, I have a lot of nice 2-5MP photos taken with compact digital cameras most people wouldn't spend $20 to buy today.

I could not do exotic photography with them, couldn't print big. They had tiny sensors and weren't worth much over ISO400, sometimes refused to focus above that, but if you used them when they had enough light they did OK.

They were point and shoot cameras. The good thing about them is you looked for interesting photo ops and did not worry about camera settings.

I often think I would take better photos if I just put my cameras on "P" and jpeg, went looking for interesting things to photograph and not be distracted by IQ.

Some of the photos I've taken over the years are not great IQ and nobody cares. When the subjects/compositions are interesting, IQ isn't that important.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
AVG
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow