Charging 5DIV batteries with battery pack?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,827
Re: Charging 5DIV batteries with battery pack?

EAV ATL wrote:

Craig, potentially a lot! Especially if I'm shooting video. Like you, I'm a pro. Editorial and advertising though, not photojournalism. But as you probably know, can also easily shoot 5K images in a day if I'm shooting lifestyle with a client who wants a lot of content and options, though this is a personal trip and shooting more for my portfolio.

I've tended to steer away from 3rd party batteries, but those RAVPower batteries are a good deal and the company certainly looks like they specialize in batteries, not some side market for them. Saw your post on Amazon too. Assume you still feel good about them? If I can buy 4 of them for the price of one Canon, that might be the best way to get me through.

I don't shoot much video, so I'm a poor source for video longevity information. That said, I've been entirely satisfied with the RAVPower batteries in my 5D IV bodies for still photography. In fact, the new ones seem a bit better than the OM batteries I used initially, but that's just a WAG. I think four spares would be good solution to your needs. Otherwise you'll need some charging solution involving solar and power storage.

-- hide signature --
 hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow