Bad Nikon batteries

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
johnchap2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,364
Re: Bad Nikon batteries

I am really glad your problem has been resolved.  However, I do wonder how you and several others who responded to your issue manage to survive with apparently only one battery charger.

Since I own multiple bodies which use the same charger, I always have multiple chargers available.

Cautionary tale.  A few years ago traveled to France for a short tourist vacation.  First problem encountered was that I had neglected to charge all my batteries before departure, and the first day there had one of the two bodies I shoot with go down with a dead battery.  Back at the hotel I put the dead/dying battery in my charger only to discover the charger was dead!

Fortunately when I travel I always take along a second charger; mostly to allow charging two batteries at a time overnight.  That second charger saved my trip.  I shudder to imagine trying to track down a Nikon compatible charger in France.  It would likely have taken most of a day and cost a fortune.

johnchap2's gear list:johnchap2's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow