How to hide focus box and battery status on E-M10 III?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 26,843
Re: How to hide focus box and battery status on E-M10 III?

TheEngineer wrote:

Hi,

as the title already says, how can I hide the focus box and the battery status on the E-M10 III?

I see them on the hdmi out and I need a clean view there without any status displays and those 2 are the only ones which do I cannot easily hide.

Thanks for any advice.

I don't own an E-m10 mark III, but generally on Olympus cameras you press the info button to switch between the various screens. On page 23 of the fine manual the 4 screens listed are:

• Basic information
  • Image only
  • Histogram display (custom1)
  • Level gauge display (custom2)

Typically there is an additional menu that allows you to configure which screens are displayed (pages 110, 116, 117).  In addition, you can typically customize what is displayed in each of the custom displays.

Perhaps on the E-m10 mark III the image only screen was not enabled, and pressing info did not have that screen.  In that case, you first need to enable the screen.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow