**PART 2** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.04

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NCV
NCV Forum Pro • Posts: 11,072
Tenuta Riviera

This large estate is a place I have passed by for years, but I have never stopped to explore.

The area was originally marshland where the Gonzaga's of Novellara hunted with falcons and later was an area of rice paddies, before being drained just after the first world war.

The noble family who owned the estate built decent houses in the twenties for the tenant farmers with tiled floors and running water, unusual for the time. The buildings are uniformly white, giving the place a strange character.

The mechanisation of agriculture in the 1960's led to the decline of the estate and many buildings are derelict, including the "Casa Padronale" (Bosses house - literal translation).

I had a quick look around on my way home from Guastalla. I will return when the light is better and I have more time.

The last couple of shots are of the nearby Novellara with its curious gatehouse to the castle.

Tenuta Riviera, Novellara, RE. The huge "Aia" where the corn was threshed, before mechanisation.

The owners house

Gatehouse, Novellara

Novellara

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon Z7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow