**PART 2** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.04

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Monks
Steve Monks Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Tigers Clough

First visit to a previously unknown local(ish) spot last night, Tigers Clough at the South end of Rivington where the river Douglas emerges from Winter Hill. The place is a rats nest of little woodland paths that often lead to dead ends and I was a little pressed for time, so I didn't get to fully explore it and will be returning at some point in the future as I believe there are more waterfalls to be found upstream.

As I wasn't walking too far, I took both the Z7+24-70 f/4 and the E-M1 MKII + 12-100 f/4, one on each side with my Peak Design sling straps crossing my chest like some sort of ambidextrous photographic gunslinger.

The reason for taking both was that I figured the Z7 might be a better bet for woodland shots, with light breaking through the canopy, but the E-M1's better stabilisation would have an advantage with hand held long exposure shots I was hoping to take of the river and any waterfalls I might encounter, so there's a mix of images here from both cameras, including more or less the same shot taken with each for comparison.

An interesting point is that the control layout of these two cameras is different enough to really screw with your head and muscle memory when switching between them, particularly the location of the playback buttons and the method for zooming in to check focus during playback. Suffice to say there was a lot of cursing going on when I was trying to check images.

All images processed from single raw files in Capture One Pro 12.1

#1 0.2 seconds, pretty much on the limit of what I can handhold on the Z7 at 24mm

#2  - 1.0 second @16mm on the E-M1 MKII.

#7 - not a fan of grafitti, but this one made me chuckle when I passed it and saw the side with the face on.

Steve Monks's gear list:Steve Monks's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow