New to the X100V club

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
saltydogstudios
saltydogstudios Senior Member • Posts: 2,144
Re: New to the X100V club

sam2428 wrote:

GF wrote:

Welcome to X100 club.

in order to use the filter, you need to buy the Fuji adapter or Len hoods (which include an adapter). You also need to buy a lens cap as the existing lens cap cannot be used with the adapter.

For the accessories, I would suggest to get an external charges especially you bought an additional battery. (Personally, I would not buy 3rd party battery,)

Hope you enjoy the new camera.

Cheers!
GF

Thanks for the reply! The Nisi UV filter actually doesn’t require an adapter ring and can be screwed on directly to the X100. Plus it serves as a small lens hood from what I understand.

https://nisiopticsusa.com/product/nisi-uhd-uv-for-fujifilm-x100-x100s-x100t-x100v-silver/

That looks quite nice.

I got a similar hood on Amazon that I quite like. The difference is this one works with whatever filter you want. In my case the Fuji branded one so I hope the quality is good.

I find that it's a nice hood but the filter collects a lot of dust that you then have to remove the hood to get off. On the other hand, I have zero worries about scratches on the filter itself or the lens.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DNL2QT0

It works well as a hood - I have no complaints about ability as a hood.

As I sort of view my X100 as a knockabout every day camera - I quite like the filter being well protected so I don't even need a lens cap as long as I don't mind the dust on the filter.

I’ve also used wasabi 3rd party batteries for 10+ years without any issues. If I do, I’ll swap over to OEM. Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 saltydogstudios's gear list:saltydogstudios's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp3 Quattro Nikon D7000 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow