Em1-Mk2 price bargain & missed opportunnity

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
BruceRH Senior Member • Posts: 2,370
Re: Em1-Mk2 price bargain & missed opportunnity

YWG wrote:

Adrian Harris wrote:

Having bought a second new em1-mk2 a few days ago - at almost half price - as a backup camera and to avoid lens swapping, etc.

I was reminded of what terrific value it is and what a marketing missed opportunity the Olympus sakes folk are responsible for...

I had forgotten that they come with a super little 'free' flashgun (speedlight). It is tiny but powerful and tilts and swivels.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in any sales description at all.

Olympus marketing is non existent in North America.

Yes, their marketing has much to be desired, maybe it is why they are in the spot they are in. I personally have sold 4 people in the past year on Olympus (an EM10 MKiii, EM5 MKiii, EM1 MKii and a Pen-F). Once they see my images and the cameras I took them with, they are instantly sold. The combination of size, cost and features is really hard to beat. The tiny flash is just one of the great Olympus features but hardly anyone knows about them including camera  sales people! My local camera shop included, I end up teaching them features that they had no clue about. Really a shame.

BruceRH's gear list:BruceRH's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus TG-6 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7R IV +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow