I’m still not sure how to proceed!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,248
Re: I’m still not sure how to proceed!!

Ad12 wrote:

I love my xt30. 18-55, and arriving soon is the 10-24, super excited. For travel, European cities, architecture, landscapes , very excited’!

my other passion is wildlife photography and birds. I use my 800d and Tamron 100-400. I was planning to keep it alongside my xt30. But the more I use my Fuji the more the rebel DSLR annoys me with the no direct controls!

I can not afford a Fuji 100-400, probably ever. And I feel it wouldn’t fit my xt30. I thought about teasing my 800d for an 80d, but I dunno about the DSLR anymore, I love Evf and the information.

ive narrowed my wildlife bird options down to the following;

- keep 800d and Tamron 100-400. Had amazing results, just frustrating me now to use the rebel

- trade rebel for used 80d, more controls, custom functions, bigger VF, tracking customisation

- I can buy a fringer adaptor and try the Tamron on the xt30 but the size and battery and lack of WR won’t help long days of wildlife shooting

- I got a quote from MPB- I can trade my 50mm, 10-18, 17-50,55-250, and rebel, pay £60, and get a like new XT3. Get a fringer, and have xt3 fringer and Tamron 100-400. But I’m unsure if an xt3 makes my xt30 redundant. But really, I want a two body solution like now. Big camera big lens, then small camera wider lenses

thoughts? I’m very confused. But love shooting my xt30. Two systems or one?

I would quickly find out if the Fringer would allow a X-T30 or X-T3 to perform adequately with your Tamron100-400.

If that combination doesn't, I would consider getting an 80D.

Personally, if I suddenly start another obsession round with sports photography or wildlife photography, I would still strongly consider using Canon gear. In my situation, it helps to have a good friend I can borrow Canon gear from.

Sure I do have a 100-400 with 1.4x and 2.x teleconverters that I would use first. But, I am prepared for Plan-B (Canon long lenses) if I can't make my Fujifilm gear do what I want it to do when shooting sports or wildlife.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +62 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow