RX10M4 Auto Focus issues

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Delta999 New Member • Posts: 1
RX10M4 Auto Focus issues

Hi, I just started using a RX10M4 and there are some things that surprise me (negatively) but perhaps there is a solution and I'm just doing it wrong. Issues:

Viewing: Do I have to start all of the camera to view images and transfer? No other camera I had did this, but this one starts up and begins hauling the lens in and out. But I only want the display to start and then to transfer to the laptop.

Auto Focus not finding the right objects: This one is weird, since it is a very sophisticated camera. Using all the "intelligence" in the camera, it never gets the idea of what I'm doing or want to focus on. It just locks onto what ever is closest. Dumb. Even my almost 10 years old Nikon D5200 cheap consumer camera is lightyears more clever in understanding what to focus on. I have reverted to old-style "manual" centered focus point and then I have to edit in post. It is like moving back 15 years, so I suppose I'm doing it wrong. Sony is famous for excellent auto focus, I heard, but this is one is failing all the time.

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks! /Tomas

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5200 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow