Fujfilm Quality Issues:

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mdb1974
mdb1974 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Fujfilm Quality Issues:

Does the X system hold up as well as other systems. In the last 12 months:

• My x-t1 had a large artifact (looks like a small hair) appear in the middle of the images, the camera had fairly significant use for four years, but still, is that to be expected? (and the sensor has been cleaned, fully confident it is an artifact behind the glass or some other internal sensor issue, camera still in use, in reality it only shows up in skies and is not that noticeable at lower apertures).

• My x-t2 developed a focus control error. If you put an xf lens on it it blinks 20 or 30 times and gives you an error (have tried three working lenses). You can shoot with a manual lens (not an auto lens in manual mode but a legacy type lens) with electronic shutter only.

• The xf23 f2 that was on the x-t2 at the time of the above failure works fine in auto focus but the manual focus ring does not work (could there have been a short in the x-t2 at the time of the failure that damaged the ring as well).

I'm beginning to worry about the quality of the system. I'm not a professional but, as an amateur I shoot 5-6 times a week. At this point I'm looking at making some purchases but wonder if I'm in the right system. Are these type of failures typical for any system? Can one expect equipment to begin to fail in the 3-5 year range with heavy use?

mdb1974's gear list:mdb1974's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow