Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 13,758
+1 on Panasonic Menu & customization

For lower spec models, like GX85, there are 4 preset features to the 4 ways cursor keys at the back, the front and back dial which control 7 features (2 are configurable), it also has 4 hard and 5 soft fn buttons, also a Q.Menu which has 15 spaces that are configurable...

These customizable buttons/spaces should be good enough for most usually (or sedomly) used features while aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, exposure bracket and flash adjustment etc are already controlled by the dual dials.

If still not enough, it has 4 Custom modes and each can has its own set of soft/hard buttons & Q.Menu. It means we can have 5 totally independent sets of customizable keys/spaces.

I seriously doubt could anyone fully utilise that large number of customizable button/dial/ Q.Menu spaces.

Not to mention the once used My Menu (it was actually found on the 11 years old G1) on non entry class models just making the Menu diving (who need to do it?) more simple.

In fact, the Menu of Panasonic is very simple. Divided into 4 categories for still shooting, video, customization and system setup. When we wish to access the menu, ask our self what feature we are looking for. 99% of time we shall not enter the wrong place. Never have to learn or memorize what is A1 or B2... I suppose it could be classified user friendly. đŸ¤—

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow