Ban the "armchair" reviewers?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hendriximages
hendriximages Regular Member • Posts: 255
Ban the "armchair" reviewers?

Dears

OK, so this is a gear review site & I often find a lot of valuable information regarding gear I'm interested in, thanks to all of you contributors speaking from your personal experience!

However, finding the information relevant to me quite often turns out to be a time consuming exercise, due to the relatively large number of "armchair" reviewers in here (i.e. people commenting on cameras and/or lenses they have never actually had in hand nor personally tried out, mostly repeating what they have read elsewhere or citing MTF charts, etc.)

See below an image of our city park I took the other day with my XF 23mm F/2:

City Park contre jour, seen with XF 23mm F/2 R WR on X-Pro2 @F/8, 1/40 sec, ISO 400, DR 200

Of course you can even debate whether someone else's personal experience with a camera / lens is meaningful for you, as your needs & preferences might differ. But at least that person's opinion is based on his/her own experience. For me the opinion of someone who hasn't even taken the trouble of trying something out themselves essentially does not really add value (and makes that more valuable 'personal' information more difficult to find ...)

After all hearsay ain't admissible in court either 

What do y'all think?

Many thanks & take care, cheers

Hendrik

-- hide signature --

http://www.hendriximages.com
Where Shadows Fall, There's Light !

hendriximages's gear list:hendriximages's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +10 more
Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow