Movie Trivia Question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 34,732
Re: Movie Trivia Question

Tom Axford wrote:

an SLR but not the Nikon F which was still 4 or 5 years in the future. Pentax?

The Exakta Varex was the ultimate modular camera. The pentaprism viewfinder could be exchanged with a waist-level viewfinder. The ground glass screen could be replaced by any of a whole variety of different screens for scientific use.

It was a great camera for general photography, but it was also ideal for connecting up to a microscope or a telescope or for a variety of other scientific uses. And it was as solid as a tank (and nearly as heavy).

Some time way back last century I bought a microscope-camera adapter to suit the tube on my monocular lab microscope. It was cheap on a toss-out table at a big camera store, too cheap and way too well made to pass it by.

Turned out it attached to Exakta so wasn't much use for my then Minolta and later Pentax mount Ricoh or later Nikon. But when M4/3 came along I revived it and managed to get an Exakta-M4/3 adapter from England so could now start to use it. Only took about 30 or 40 years to finally make use of the gadget.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow