Signs of (Olympus) Life

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Bassaidai Contributing Member • Posts: 511
Re: Signs of (Olympus) Life

Absolutely true.

Mistrust on paper, mistrust on future plans, mistrust on business plans, mistrust on intents, mistrust on later software changes, mistrust on rumors (even level 5 ones...), mistrust on road maps, mistrust on good intentions business-wise.

All I trust is what I can use NOW. The Oly lenses and Pana bodies I use are excellent NOW (ymmv). Completely regardless of any future plans of Olympus or Panasonic.

I had a Canon 300D since 2004. If Canon had disappeared from the market that time I was still able to use the camera today, because it still works and the lenses are THERE (I dont actually use it, because I prefer the comfort, quality and resolution of current gear).

Absolultely same will apply to Olympus or Panasonic: if they'd disappear today we're probably still having fun in the next 15-20 years.

Thats different with Fuji or Nikon Z or Canon M: people have to WAIT for really good lenses to show up finally and get the best out of their gear.

-- hide signature --

Bass
If things appear to good to be true - they're usually neither of both.

Bassaidai's gear list:Bassaidai's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow