Those of you who used dSLRs why did you pick Fuji?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raymond Cho Senior Member • Posts: 2,094
Those of you who used dSLRs why did you pick Fuji?

This lockdown has made me think more about things. First I give you my reason why last year in 2019 I got a used X-T1. Yes, late in the game:

1. Great deal buying used.

2. The compactness

3. A geek thing with the manual dials who have used a manual film SLR.

The turning point for me was that the family encouraged me to take more gear and I listened to them and it was then my job to cart it again after a few days most items got left in the hotel. I was silly enough to take a manual SLR for bw film, a AF film SLR for slide film and my full frame dSLR. 18-35 f3.5-4.5, 70-200 f4 and a 50mm and my speedlight haha. Travel tripod not that bad cos I just used it sparingly. After a few days everything got left in the hotel and I took the smallest manual film SLR out and just shot bw film hahah. It is simply the shear size of a dSLR with even a standard zoom, even the thought of taking a family photo inside a train or a ferry, on a plane at a mall etc ...

I deliberately picked Fuji b/c it had the larger sensor over M4/3 and I wasn't going to use the big zoom Fuji lenses. The Fuji body is similar size to the M4/3 bodies. Some of the compact primes are not that bad in size.

When I have travelled without a car alone, I pretty much only used a UWA zoom and a prime.  I didn't dare to use a 70-200 variant lens apart from a 3 day weekend which was attempted once.  Now when I look back at myself it was taxing on myself and unnecessary.

Cheers.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +13 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow