I’m still not sure how to proceed!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RecklessCoding Regular Member • Posts: 365
Re: I’m still not sure how to proceed!!

Ad12 wrote:

I love my xt30. 18-55, and arriving soon is the 10-24, super excited. For travel, European cities, architecture, landscapes , very excited’!

my other passion is wildlife photography and birds. I use my 800d and Tamron 100-400. I was planning to keep it alongside my xt30. But the more I use my Fuji the more the rebel DSLR annoys me with the no direct controls!

I can not afford a Fuji 100-400, probably ever. And I feel it wouldn’t fit my xt30. I thought about teasing my 800d for an 80d, but I dunno about the DSLR anymore, I love Evf and the information.

ive narrowed my wildlife bird options down to the following;

- keep 800d and Tamron 100-400. Had amazing results, just frustrating me now to use the rebel

- trade rebel for used 80d, more controls, custom functions, bigger VF, tracking customisation

- I can buy a fringer adaptor and try the Tamron on the xt30 but the size and battery and lack of WR won’t help long days of wildlife shooting

- I got a quote from MPB- I can trade my 50mm, 10-18, 17-50,55-250, and rebel, pay £60, and get a like new XT3. Get a fringer, and have xt3 fringer and Tamron 100-400. But I’m unsure if an xt3 makes my xt30 redundant. But really, I want a two body solution like now. Big camera big lens, then small camera wider lenses

thoughts? I’m very confused. But love shooting my xt30. Two systems or one?

One system is cheaper and easier to maintain as you can build better muscle memory and familiarise yourself with the relevant processing techniques. In case of Fuji, you get access to Film Simulations that you may enjoy  on both cameras this way.

RecklessCoding's gear list:RecklessCoding's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow