Forcing Windows to use Dell UP2718Q driver?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP RMcL Contributing Member • Posts: 658
Re: But Why ...

Patco wrote:

SantaFeBill wrote:

... should all this be necessary? In Win7, with automatic updates turned off, I could just not dl a suggested driver and keep using the latest one dl'd from the OEM site.

I do appreciate all the information here - no doubt I will also have to use it to to try to make Win10 allow me to use the drivers I want - but it's absurd that such measures are necessary.

Have you tried simply turning automatic driver updates off?

Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings

Maybe this works also? I’m relatively new to Windows 10, so wouldn’t know. Certainly the group policy editor route was slightly daunting at first, but really not that hard to understand eventually. It gives huge amount of flexibility on controlling exactly what devices/system elements may be changed or altered plus much more. Very powerful OS management tool.

RMcL's gear list:RMcL's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow