Is the RP worth getting ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JWAR1976 Regular Member • Posts: 114
Is the RP worth getting ?

Hi all,

I have been a proud  7D MKI & 5D MKIII user for a few years now and unfortunately my kitbag is becoming less friendly on my back, especially when it comes to holidays. Now from what I understand both the R & RP, AF is not fast enough for fast moving subjects and so I will be considering one of the M models if they can pull it off.  But as the majority of my lenses are EF like the 70-200 2.8L II, 100mm 2.8L, Tamron 24-70 G2, Samyang 14mm MF, I am now also considering the RP, so I can make use of those lenses for model shoots, landscape, still animals at the zoo & macro etc, should my 5D MKIII ever go wrong.

I was wondering if the RP is worth getting for the majority of things with exception of sports.  Also am thinking how well does it work with the Kenko 2x & 1.4x teleconverters mixed in with the crop mode, should I just decide to take the RP to the zoo for still shots. ?

Many thanks

JWAR1976's gear list:JWAR1976's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow