Olympus situation - my opinion

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CharlesB58 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,472
Re: Olympus situation - my opinion

The 8-25 has really grabbed my attention as well.

What I see is the conflict between people who always feel driven to have the latest technology to "improve" their images and those who want gear they have come to trust and learned to optimize. (What I find a bit amusing is some of the people making the most negative noise have struck me as the ones who should have switched systems long ago anyway.)

Even if Olympus new bodies  are no longer developed, what the EM1.2 and EM1.3 are capable of is suitable for my needs now, and the foreseeable future. Sure, if a year from now it's obvious that no future Olympus products will be released (other than those under current development) I'll probably start putting together a kit from another manufacturer. But I won't rush out to do it. No need. It's not like the day that the deal with JIP is finalized my gear will stop working.

-- hide signature --

Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed. Quote by Garry Winogrand
http://ikkensimages.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow