My thought process to determine my next, and hopefully last upgrade, for some time -

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Artur Darulewski Regular Member • Posts: 112
Re: My thought process to determine my next, and hopefully last upgrade, for some time -

If you haven't already, you might want to handle an X-T30 before you buy - I got one last year and really struggled with how small it is (grip and EVF/eyecup).

X-Txx are small indeed, but adding hand grip and eyecup improves handling and usability.

I had no problems with X-T20 + XF 100-400, but bigger bodies like X-Tx/H1 are much better for bulky lenses.

On the other side for small primes like 27/2.8, 23/2 or 35/2 I would definitely get X-T30. For me it,s a perfect balance between size and comfort in use.

To be honest I don't have X-T30 and I cannot confirm if "new" position of Q-button would be a problem for me, but I'm very happy with X-T20. The only problem with this body comparing to my second X-T3 is lack of possibility to use front dial for ISO settings.

I like X-T3 very much as well and It's my primary choice in most situation, but for biking, street or candid shoots small X-T20 fits better.

Overall I can say Fuji-X system is perfect for me, but If I had bigger budget I would consider Sony A7R4 + 200-600 instead X-T3 + 100-400 for wildlife only (it would provide more reach with APSC crop)

Cheers,

Artur

Artur Darulewski's gear list:Artur Darulewski's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow