Monitor upgrade

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
RMcL Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Re: Monitor upgrade

Austinian wrote:

RMcL wrote:

Just got a Dell UP2718Q 4K wide gamut monitor myself. Image quality and detail is amazing compared to my previous 2013 23” 1920x1080 Dells, though these were pretty decent monitors.

B&H currently has good price reduction on the UP2718Q. $300 less than on Dell’s site. Monitor I received does have small cluster of dead pixels though in lower middle of screen. Can’t see them when editing photos, but bugs me a bit when I using Windows desktop and looking at documents. Still trying to decide whether I’ll send back for an exchange before my 30 days are up...

That looks like a very nice monitor indeed.

I understand the dead-pixel dilemma; that's one of the first things I check when I get a new monitor. As they say, "what has been seen cannot be unseen."

But I have to check right away, because if I discovered a pixel defect too late, I'd never be happy with the monitor, easily visible or not. If you can't 'unsee' it, I'd return it, especially at that monitor's price level.

Yes, you’re right of-course. Thanks.

RMcL's gear list:RMcL's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow