Benro FGP28c Go Plus 2 unstable center column

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
BBbuilder467 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,375
Re: Benro FGP28c Go Plus 2 unstable center column

pauhu wrote:

I just got this tripod and while I'm otherwise mostly happy with it, I'm wondering about the attachment of the center column. This is a tripod in which the center column can be lifted and turned vertically. When the column is in a normal upright position and the attachment piece is fully fastened the column still waggles a bit. See a video here: https://imgur.com/No20kQ6

Is this something I just have to accept as a compromise or is the tripod faulty? It does look a little worse on the video than it actually is. I also considered Manfrotto BeFree GT XPRO which has a similarly versatile center column. Does it have the same problem.

I like Benro products, but I don't think that's a particularly good design. The original Go models had a line of accessories, but they discontinued them.

Personally,, if I had no specific use for the horizontal column, I'd avoid them. They're more trouble than they're worth.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow