Any portrait photo galleries w/Sigma SD Quattro?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Hornbrille
Hornbrille Regular Member • Posts: 371
Re: Any portrait photo galleries w/Sigma SD Quattro?

saltydogstudios wrote:

Hornbrille wrote:

https://uvl.photo/alben/portrait-1/ is my website's portrait branch. Most studio portraits there are taken with the SDQH. You can open the pictures in a new tab to see the file names.

Nice work.

Thanks

In what situations do you see yourself gravitating to one camera over another?

I usually ask myself if it's worth the effort of using a tripod and adjusting the light. If yes, I use the SDQH. No color moire and file size might be other reasons to use the SDQH.

Interesting that you went for the Quattro in relatively low key situations where I would NOT have trusted a Foveon precisely because it handles color differently at different exposure levels.

Almost all of those low key images are exposed much lighter with enough ambient light to lighten the shadows. Otherwise you loose the dark parts to the sensor noise. "Low key" and sometimes color grading is mostly done in post.

Also interesting that I more or less guessed which were the Quattro imagers vs. non Quattro.

Haha! You would see it even better at the underexposed ones.

Hornbrille's gear list:Hornbrille's gear list
Sony a7 II Sigma sd Quattro H Sony a7 III Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow