In search of a compact point and shoot with flash! (digital)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,709
Re: In search of a compact point and shoot with flash! (digital)

FredoFredo wrote:

Dear community,

i am searching for a small digital camera that features an inbuild flash. A digital olympus miu would be ideal

the camera should have the following features:

-fast bootup-time

-raw images

-quick AF for point and shoot

-compact design

-focal length 30-50mm

It doesnt have to be the most sophisticated camera, ideally it costs 300-350€ used. The sensor shouldnt be smaller than a fourthirds one, probably APS-C would be ideal. The Fuji X100 series is great, but a little bit big. The Sony 5xxx or 6xxxx series could be an option, because i own many sony (and CanonEF) lenses. But even the smallest 35mm 2,8 isnt really compact and i am afraid of slow startup times.

thanks in advance!

Try using DPR's Camera Feature search tool. DPR's camera database goes back to the 1990's. You'll quickly get more meaningful results compared to asking a bunch of random camera people for ideas. If you could consider 1" sensor cameras, your options increase dramatically.

The Sony NEX line of E-Mount APS-C cameras that preceded the current model line-up are a bit lower in cost. Some NEX models required firmware updates (still available for download) to make them compatible with newer E-mount lenses.

Slow start-up times really bother me too but these cameras are little computers that will take time to boot-up - no way around it. I've learned to tap my shutter button if I see a shot coming up - this wakes up the cameras and it's ready by the time I bring it up to my eye.

You might find some interesting info in the Imaging Resource reviews - they're the only ones I know that actually measure things like boot times.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a77 II Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow