Fuji X100V vs Ricoh GR III optics & IQ

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
in a landscape New Member • Posts: 3
Fuji X100V vs Ricoh GR III optics & IQ

Hello, everyone

This has been bugging me for quite some time.

I ended up buying the X100V, but I'm still not 100% convinced about the image quality and the lens' output. It just doesn't seem to have the same leica-esque clarity, three-dimensionality and micro-contrast that the Ricoh has, and the latter's sensor (or may it be due to the lens as well?) seem to render light and tonal gradation better. I'm finding the Fuji a bit harsh in the way it handles light, and the lens a bit soft in many cases. Some people say the Fuji's output is better, some swear by Ricoh's, but I haven't yet seen comparison between the two under similar circumstances. If the studio scene pictures are to be believed, the Fuji seems to lag behind the Ricoh by quite a bit, even when it comes to the JPGs (I'm aware that the Fuji Raws in the test are problematic due to them being handled by Adobe software). I must say that image quality for me is utmost priority.

Could anyone who owns both cameras please provide some pictures and help me and anyone else with similar doubts finally see their differences once and for all?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe and thanks in advance!

Fujifilm X100V Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow