***Mini Challenge 592*** Monochrome Plus One

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,440
***Mini Challenge 592*** Monochrome Plus One

The theme for this challenge is monochrome images that have a single element with one additional color. I am NOT looking for the kind of images that make a viewer gasp: "Wow! How did he do THAT!" I AM looking for a subtle artistic presentation - something you would want to hang on your wall.

Rules:

1.  There is a maximum of 3 Entries. There are no limits for Exhibits.   State in the title of your post whether your post contains entries or exhibits.  Any images not clearly labelled will be deemed exhibits.

2,  Only Entries will be considered for First, Second and Third Place.  Only Exhibits will be considered for Honorable Mention.  All entries and exhibits will be considered for Dishonorable Mention.  

3.  Photos must have been taken by you and can be from any make of camera or cell phone.  Any form of processing, including HDR and composites, is acceptable, but remember that I am looking for art, not the "wow" factor.

4.  Post all images using the "Reply to Thread" button below this first post.

5.  This Challenge will be judged (no doubt unfairly) strictly on my own personal vision of art and what I subjectively like and dislike.  That said, technically poor images will probably not make the cut.

6.  This Challenge will close at 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time July 10, 2020.

7.  The First Place winner has the "privilege" of becoming the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to post the new Challenge. The winner can respond to me with a forum post or PM. If that individual does not respond or create a new Challenge within 3 days, or declines to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

Here is a sample of the kind of image I am hoping to see - a monochrome of my little mountain home in the snow, with a warm, welcoming light subtly visible in the harsh weather:

I hope you enjoy this Challenge and I look forward to seeing your images!

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow