Any portrait photo galleries w/Sigma SD Quattro?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
SteveNunez
OP SteveNunez Contributing Member • Posts: 934
Re: Any portrait photo galleries w/Sigma SD Quattro?

I ordered a Sigma sd Quattro and wanted to see specific samples with that camera as opposed to the DP series; I am aware they share similar sensors but were interested in lens/camera combo outputs with the sd specifically.

I purchased an SD9 many years back when it was released and wasn't too pleased with the output but thought Foveon tech was super cool. I'm hoping things have improved for the Foveon Sigma cameras in this modern age and am looking forward to receiving the sd Quattro I have ordered.

I have found (and ordered) a 'NOS' Sigma 150-500 SA lens as well and am eager to see what sort of wildlife shots I can achieve with this combo. I'm concerned with the apparent limit of ISO performance and the suggestion to remain at base ISO which is going to be very hard to do without in-body IS for long range telephoto use but am eager to try and experiment.

Photography is a hobby for me and I know shooting with my Sony A7III/Nikon/Canon EOS will nearly always yield a very good photograph but with the Sigma sd I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting that incredible 'Foveon look' that will take some 'know-how' to attain. If I fail, I'll sell and move on and probably give the FP a shot next- but for now the sd Quattro represents a challenge I'm willing to undertake.

If all goes well, I'll have some nice Florida wildlife images to share soon; if not, I've learned and grown....it's all part of what photography is for 'me.'

Thanks for the replies everyone; enjoy your shooting!

-- hide signature --

Steve Nunez~South Florida Artist
www.stevenunez.com
Pan G85,GF7/9, Oly EM 1, Lytro Illum, Nikon D5600,P1000 & Canon T100 Others~~

SteveNunez's gear list:SteveNunez's gear list
Lytro Illum Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Olympus E-M1 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow