G9 with P/L 10-25 seascapes...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stephent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,982
G9 with P/L 10-25 seascapes...

Hi everyone just back from a few days away with my wife, like most family type trips photography had to fit in around other plans. So I packed light taking only the G9 P/L 10-25 f1.7 and a Polariser filter.

The first morning had me on the beach at Port Macquarie before sunrise trying to find an image among the many rocks that litter the southern end of the beach. With a cloud less sunrise I came up empty handed, so I changed tack and headed up Flagstaff hill to shoot with the light instead.

As I mentioned the morning was beautifully clear.

My favourite image of the day.

It also pointed the way for the next days shooting options if the sky was clear again.

The next morning was clear skies again so I made my way to a cove at the end of the beach to find an image.

No tripod or ND filters, the Polariser and in body stabilisation and a steady hand would have to do. As the light started to fill the cove this was my first setup.

Not bad a little loose so I moved to the right and a little closer to the action.

The super fast and soft to press shutter button allowed me to track the waves rolling in a gently release the shutter at speeds down to a 1/4 of a second.

The best from that spot, I noticed a fisherman move into a good spot in the left background and a few waves crash back of the rock in the foreground so I moved in and hoped not to get wet

I hoped I caught this one but was not sure until I uploaded it to the Mac.

Somehow the drops flying at the camera fell just short.

And the last of the day.

After that one the fisherman came over to fish the hole I was shooting and we had a quick talk. He had caught a few nice fish and I had a few images that I was happy with.

Regards.

Stephen.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow