Re: Olympus situation - my opinion

Chas J wrote:

anupamkatkar wrote:

Chas J wrote:

horsth wrote:

Chas J wrote:

horsth wrote:

Petr,

fantastic images. I'm wondering what a full-frame camera could improve. I guess nothing! It's fashion only.....

Horst

The same photos, if taken with FF, would show less noise, more dynamic range, better tonality, more choice in depth of field and allow larger prints to be made.

These things may or may not matter to you but they are there.

Here we are: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64102184

Yes, very amusing. However, denial and / or making fun of someone (I am not offended) does not change the facts / truth.

You wondered what FF could improve and I answered you. Prove me wrong !.

Your answer lies in your own statement:

"The same photos, if taken with FF, would show less noise, more dynamic range, better tonality, more choice in depth of field and allow larger prints to be made."

And there it is. IF taken with FF.

You want to spend $11,000 using a weather-sealed 600mm prime to photograph a toucan in the rain? Be my guest.

Hike up a mountain with 20 lb of FF gear to photograph puffins? By all means.

Lean out of a small boat and take a creamy-bokeh shot of a Dalmatian pelican with a FF fisheye? You can't, because an f1.8 FF fisheye doesn't exist.

Your saying "FF could have done it better" would be like my looking at a Sony A9 BIF and saying, "yes but a m43 could have filled 2x the frame with the bird." 'Tis a silly thing to say.

If you are going to counter with an argument, try not to have a straw one. In this case, cost, weight and a persons strength has nothing to do with it !. You put forward a red herring simple because it suits your agenda.

My statement about the advantages of FF is correct ... I did NOT say that there were no advantages to u4/3.

If you have trouble thinking logically or your ability with the English language is insufficient to comprehend that which is being written, then I suggest that you would be better off keeping quiet !.

Now then, who else, erroneously, wants to take a swing at me ?.

With pleasure.

These photos don't have to much noise, have more than enough dynamic range, tonality and depth of field are perfect, and you can make VERY large prints are of them.

FF can't add anything that would make these photos better. MF can't add anything that would make these photos better.

Because the photos are FANTASTIC and you can't be more fantastic than fantastic. 😂😂😂

Does anybody on this forum know a superlative for "fantastic"?

Maybe "Full Frame" could be a candidate? Or "fantalargesensorextraphotonstastic"?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow